Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Book Review: 10 Things I Hate About Christianity

image

Book title: Ten Things I Hate About Christianity
Author: Jason T. Berggren
Publishing information: USA, X-Media, 2009
Number of pages: 236

In Ten Things I Hate About Christianity: Working Through the Frustrations of Christianity, author Jason Berggren gives full vent to his angst.

Christianity is not easy. Christians are difficult to deal with. Jesus I like; it's his followers I have a hard time with. These are all statements describing the book's theme. Usually it's the non-believer, the atheist, the jaded that writes a book like this one. But this is an honest description from the inside looking in.

I enjoyed Berggren's book. He makes my complaints and criticisms feel a little more normal; a little less sinful. I looked forward to picking the book back up every time I had to set it down to go do something else (like work or do family stuff).

The ten things covered are faith, prayer, the Bible, sin, rules, love, hell, answers, church, and Christians. Each of these topics are frustration filled topics, we usually just fake it and pretend like we have 'em handled. Especially when in a group of other believers. Talk about peer pressure. You don't want to come off as faithless...

Pick this book up. It's a quick, easy read.

Links:

No comments: