Sunday, March 29, 2009

I Held Her

IMG_1078 I held Allie yesterday but couldn't think of a tactful way to tell her that she weighs a ton more. How do you ever say that to a female?

Her little green cast is cute, bulky, clunky, and heavy. But she was as peaceful as an angel when I walked her around the PICU in my arms. She was responsive and at home in my arms.

Last night was rough, though. She had a fever all night. A number of things can IMG_1085be blamed. It could just be the invasive nature of the surgery. She's anemic, so they gave her a blood transfusion - that could be to blame. Or.. she might have an infection. They took cultures, chest xrays, and blood samples to narrow down the possibilities. So keep praying.

Here's the work she had done to her hips.

Keep praying...

Thanks.

IMG_1086

3 comments:

Kat said...

Praying.....healing for Allie, peace and endurance for all of you.
Love and hugs, Kat

Unknown said...

Praying... give us an update when you can... about Allie and Bobby Michaels too, please! They really need to make those hospital beds larger for snuggling up to your kids, don't they??
Jonathan had a similar cast when he was two and broke his right femur... it does weigh A TON!! In my opinion, they didn't leave enough room for the diaper!!

Vicki A. Small said...

Bryon, you never, ever say that to a woman!!

I'm praying and will put a link to your post on my blog, again.

She's just so precious....