Monday, January 05, 2009

My New Gig

imageCoinciding with my move back to Florida was a change in my job description. My official new title with Shepherd's Staff Mission Facilitators is Regional Mission Pastor.

Meeting with missionaries is the part of my job I love the most. While I enjoy the administrative side of providing missionary care, nothing beats sitting down at a table filled with lunch with a guy or gal fresh from the field. Today I met with Ken Dinnen, a missionary sent out from Calvary Chapel Ft. Lauderdale.

Dinnen serves in Vajta, Hungary, at Calvary Christian Academy. The Calvary Christian Academy is the Eastern European outpost of CC Ft. Lauderdale's Calvary Christian Academy. Dinnen is a teacher at CCA, Vajta.

Dinnen is part of the staff that teaches the children of Pastors and Missionaries at Calvary Chapel Bible College. Not only is he working in the classroom, he participates in outreaches regularly and has launched a youth ministry serving both missionary kids and locals. He gives Bible teaching and godly guidance to both groups.

"It's the perfect environment for making disciples," Says Dinnen. "I'm being discipled while I make disciples."

Dinnen's excitement and passion are infectious as he shares about his work. "I'm a part of giving the students that come to Hungary a bigger view of the world."

Keep up with Ken as he update's his blog. Pray for his work and the lives he'll touch.

No comments: