Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Thankful for: Eric and Charlene

mercy Eric and Charlene are a couple who befriended Charity in the spring of 2007 before things happened with Allie. I posted about the in an article called Agents of Mercy.

A couple of weeks ago, before all this happened, Charity visited Calvary Chapel San Francisco. It's a small fellowship that meets in the heart of the city. She was instantly loved and cared for by a young mother named Charlene that serves in the nursery. (Did I ever tell you guys that it was a nursery worker that lead me to the Lord?) Charlene and Charity were supposed to get together this week for a mom's day out. Charity called Charlene to let her know that Ali was in the hospital and they wouldn't be able to get together. Charlene immediately had the people in her church praying for Ali and Charity.

Yesterday, as Charity and I were having lunch together, Charlene's husband, Eric, called me and asked if he could visit with Ali and I in the hospital. I welcomed his offer and met Charlene and Eric at the hospital last night. They brought me chicken soup and a fruit basket.

I've visited many people and their families in the hospital. But I've never been on the receiving end of one of these visits. The time spent with this couple and their two little ones was some of the sweetest fellowship I've ever experienced. I don't know them and they don't know me, but they have loved me more than they know. I didn't realize how hungry I was for the refreshments they brought my soul. And stomach.

No comments: