Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Susan's Journey

image Here's a recent post from the charming and beautiful Susan's blog:

What are we really, really thankful for? Family? Yes, that's one thing. I think we need to be thankful for our parents, brothers or sisters, and grandparents. We need to be thankful for where God has placed us regardless of if we had a happy or sad childhood. I am so thankful for my mom and my dad. I'm thankful for my husband and my kids. I'm learning to be thankful for the past and the very life He has given me here and now.

What about our bodies? Well, that's a different story isn't it? We all have a complaint about how we look, about our weight, or about our hair. What if we decided to give thanks to the Lord for our bodies?  Psalms 139 says, I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Everyday I challenge you to give thanks for who God has created you to be and the body he has given you to take care of.

Give Him thanks for the life He has given you with your family. Be thankful and not live in the what if's. You will gain a new perspective of your life and who the person you are now and who God wants you to become.

Susan's Journey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bryon, you and I have something in common. We both married Charming and Beautiful Susans who possess heaploads of wisdom.