Sunday, November 30, 2008

Flagstaff

We made it to Flagstaff, Arizona. That was the goal for today.

Addendum: (this is more for my memory) The fog in Central California when we left Fresno was unbelievable. At times we crawled at a snail's pace. Other times, a California Highway Patrol car lead a pack of us through. Fining a Denny's was impossible (Denny's has been a regular morning stop for us since we know exactly what to expect. Allie likes the way they poach eggs for her). Denny's huge yellow sign was totally hidden in the fog. We got lucky and found one on the edge of Bakersfield. The manager was incredibly professional and personable. I felt sorry for him because he expected a big day since so many travelers were on the road over the Thanksgiving weekend, but no one that wasn't a regular could see his sign.

The fog was thick until we crested Tehachapi Mountains.

Allie has been doing awesome. Keep praying for us...

Meanwhile, check out this video from Aaron created yesterday. It's been fun having the kids around.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I still can't believe you're finally coming home!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds as if you're making pretty good time. I'll bet it's cold in Flag'!

I have friends in Tehachapi, pastoring a church. I'd like to go see them there, sometime, before they retire.

When I was growing up, I often heard references to "praying through." I think you guys are being "prayed across"--the country, that is. :o) I hope the trip continues to go well.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited! I've been praying for you all and will continue to do so. I lived in Arizona. A town called Kingman. The videos are cool.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for updating. Glad you're doing ok. Praying for you!

Bryonm said...

thanks for your comments, guys... and your prayers. Allie is doing awesome. She blesses me so much.

Anonymous said...

Hello Mondok family,
We're so excited you made it!! Amazingly "the system" let me on your blog to see your travels in reverse. I read them to Rena. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted and have a wonderful Christmas.
With smiles!
Melissa, PT

Bryonm said...

Hey, Melissa:
great to hear from you! we miss you guys. thanks for keeping tabs and letting us know about it.