Monday, July 07, 2008

Compassion Child

compassion We sponsor a little dude in Burkina Faso. Burkina Faso is land-locked African country in West Africa. We got this letter from him the other day:

Hello!

I am so happy to hear from you. My family and I are doing fine. Thanks for the beautiful picture. I love drawing. My greetings to your son and daughter.

It is quite hot here these days. We are in the dry season. Days are so sunny. But the rainy season is not far from now.

All is well in school... I was fourth in my class. Do your children go to school? If yes, in which grades are they? Do you have any pets?

Please pray for me. I want to be first. Bye for now.

I love hearing from this guy. He speaks and writes in French. He draws little pictures on his stationary. I hope some day I'll have a chance to go see him. I'll be honest: this is one of those deals where I don't feel like I'm making a big sacrifice or even a big difference. But I've had the privilege of meeting people who have grown up in the Compassion program and their lives and destinies are night and day different from where they would have been without this ministry.

Night and day different.

Click here to make a difference.

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, night and day differences occur in the lives of these children; summer and winter (in colder climes than Florida or southern AZ). Bryon, you've got to meet him.

I say that, having met my girls in Dominican Republic, but knowing I may never get to meet the ones in Tanzania, Rwanda and Kenya. My comforting thought is that, except for one of the two that I've met, I know all of them are believers. I'm praying for the other one. She's the youngest, but in some respects, I'm more concerned about the path she might choose, if she doesn't accept Christ soon.

But God answered my prayers for Tausi, in Tanzania, and I know He can answer them for Denisse.