Saturday, June 14, 2008

Diner's Rising Star 2008: Sel Gris - Portland Dining and Bars Guide - Oregonlive.com

I was a pretty mean big brother to my littler bro'. I'm glad he didn't start working out or take on kick boxing so he could one day give me the trouncing I have coming to me. They say the best revenge is to live well. Don't get even. Get better. Well, my little brother Dan is working on becoming the best. This three time Iron Chef of Oregon was named Rising Star by Portland Metro newspaper The Oregonian.

I couldn't be prouder. Good job, Dan.

Diner's Rising Star 2008: Sel Gris by Roger Porter, special to The Oregonian Friday June 13, 2008, 11:07 AM The Oregonian Daniel Mondok

Daniel Mondok is a dreamer. He literally wakes up from sleep with an idea for a dish and wonders, "Could I do this?" He then sets about to figure it out. How to put an egg inside a pancake puff and keep the yolk deliciously runny? How to combine foie gras, tuna tartare and a bouquet of nasturtiums? Or make a potato soup with rillettes of skate and caviar? read the rest of the article here.

Diner's Rising Star 2008: Sel Gris - Portland Dining and Bars Guide - Oregonlive.com

No comments: