Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Denver Pastor's Conference: Gayle Erwin

It was so good to hear classic Gayle at the Denver Pastors' Conference.

Monday when Gayle Erwin spoke, my universe was knocked a little out of kilter when he showed up wearing a Hawaiian shirt sans suspenders. In 15 years of seeing him make appearances at various Calvary Chapel events, I've never witnessed Erwin without his trademark braces keeping his drawers hitched up. I followed him into the men's room to find out what the deal was. "Where are the suspenders?" I asked him, "what are you doing to the world as I know it?"

He calmly told me not to worry. He had his suspenders on under the Hawaiian shirt.

"Whew," I said. "I was worried that your suspenders were raptured but we all got left behind. Now I can get back to work."

No comments: