Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Consistency pays off

I've been working my marathon training plan after slackin' off a little last week and have seen some improvement. My time has dipped, just barely, under nine minutes per mile.

Saturday's run:
run time: 44:54
run dist.: 5.03 miles
avg. pace: 8:56/mile
calories: 635

Today's run:
run time: 35:57
run dist.: 4 miles
avg. pace: 8:59/mile
best pace: 6:06/mile
calories: 484

My Garmin Forerunner 201 says that my best pace was 6:06 per mile. I wonder how far I kept that pace up. That best pace stat always surprises me. And vexes me. And teases me.

Running Tips from CompleteRunning.com
Tip Five: Buy new running clothes at the end of the season when stores dump the old season’s line. Think clearance!


Again, with the fashion tips. I don't know... You are getting that economic stimulus check in the mail. Maybe you owe yourself some new running duds. You deserve it. Treat yourself. Watch how much faster you run. Make your President proud and dump some cash back into the economy while making a fashion statement. That's why you run, right?

No comments: