Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sweet Distraction

After the bad news in the previous post and the horrible American Idol auditions the charming and beautiful Susan made me endure, I was in desperate need of a distraction. I worked on the Shepherd's Staff website some, but, then, that's work. I was thankful that Colee from church called.

me: hello.
Colee: hey, Bryon, want some crap?
me: what kind of crap?
Colee: not crap... CRAB.
me: yeah, I want some crab!
Colee: I got six for you. I'm bringin' them over.
me: I'm so glad you're not bringing crap.

This isn't as easy as it looks. These guys have claws and they're all desperately hanging onto each other. I think the word got out somehow that they were headin' for a boiling pot of water.

From Humboldt Bay to a boiling cauldron on my stove. That's the trip these bad boys took tonight. Check out the steam.

I'm one happy camper.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great way to spend a Tuesday night. I coulda used some of that myself this evening.

Billy said...

Bryon...you crack me up. To think that you actually entertained taking 'crap' from someone...lol.

Hope you enjoyed the crabs...that actually sounds yummy!

Chris Goeppner said...

you crab murderer!!!!

:)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, I think that your son inherited your conversation skills.

Mike West said...

doesn't PITA have a headquarters out there close by?

Bryonm said...

we do have our share of naturalists, vegans, and such here in Humboldt, but we also have just as many that go out and kill what they eat. For fun. They say things like, "happiness is a warm gut pile."

When PETA drives through town, they go fast with their heads low.