Monday, January 14, 2008

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!

Today I was on my hands and knees begging for my wife's forgiveness. The charming and beautiful Susan wanted a treadmill for the garage so she could take a few minutes everyday, by herself, and exercise. I, of course, pooh-poohed her idea. That's not the way to her heart, by the way. Especially when she's already slightly traumatized over a slight weight-gain. She's put on about ten pounds since we came out here. Correction. We've both put on about ten pounds since we came out here. She knows I'm writing this.

Anyway, as I said, I unwisely told her that it would be a waste of money to get a treadmill because we would be like so many other people we know that use their treadmills to hang drying laundry on. Besides, why don't you just go outside and walk? Rain? Cold? Muggers? Don't be such a baby.

This did not go over well and to make up for my foot-in-mouth mistake, I paid her off. I bought her the treadmill.

The thing is, I've been running outside a lot less and inside a lot more. I'm getting ready for a race next month and having this treadmill in the garage is really neato. But I had to get upstairs and beg my wife to forgive me for my rudeness before things get out of hand and she reminds me how great her idea was and that she told me so.

If anyone is going to tell anyone so, it'll be me, thank you.

When did you last apologize to your spouse? For what? Painful, huh?

Technorati tags: , ,

2 comments:

Chris Goeppner said...

yesterday, because i can be a schmuck.

Phillip Santillan said...

tomorrow, because when she asks what time I finally got to bed, I'll have to tell her 1am. Then she'll ask why, and then I had to say I was checking up on my google reader since she's recently taken over my Powerbook. Then I'll have to explain I took some time to write a friend who I've actually never met, but a friend none the less. It'll all be good...I hope.

p.s. pray for me cause I think I've caught the "running bug."
It all started here.