Saturday, April 28, 2007

Wasted Space

No Man's Land. Wasted space.

That's the huge empty space in the middle of the king sized bed Norman and I shared last night.

We checked into the Hampton Inn next to the airport in San Jose, Costa Rica, last night and they only had one room; smoking with a one king sized bed. ONE.

I was bending over to pick up my bags to leave when Norm said, "I'm not bothered by stuff like that."

"If it doesn't bother you, it doesn't bother me," I lied. I felt the color drain from my face. Or flush over my face. Which ever one causes a cold sweat and shakes.

I'm a homo-phobe, I know.

I can go on mission trips to places that require a ride in an armored vehicle, armed guards and kevlar vests. I can eat spiders and the intestines of a goat without batting an eye. I've hiked through mine fields in the African bush. But I can't handle sleeping in a bed with another dude. How weak am I?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol Bryon - I guess it depends on how well you know that dude!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Thats fuuny. But i too am the same way. I would have to sleep inverted.

Marcos