Monday, April 16, 2007

Pyromaniacs: All that is in the world...

Phil Johnson posted a great article about supposed "Satanic " attack... Check it out.

...I asked about the nature of the attack he was under. He said he was finding it impossible to get along with his mother. He said the two of them hardly ever spoke a civil word to one another, and it was destroying the peace of their household. He said he found it hard to study the Bible or grow spiritually as long as evil tension ruled the home environment. He was hoping I would tell him how he could get Satan out of his household.

I first asked him what made him think this problem was uniquely Satanic. As he described it to me, it sounded much more like raw carnal pride on both his part and his mother's. They were constantly saying unkind and unloving things to one another. He admitted that he purposely did things he knew would annoy her. He spoke disrespectfully to her. He stated quite clearly that he couldn't stand her and didn't like being around her. It sounded like an unbridled case of youthful rebellion on his part, rather than a satanic attack.

So I told him that. I said, "It sounds to me like you're just behaving in a fleshly way. I think you need to look into your own heart for the culprit, rather than blaming the devil and outside influences."

Read the whole article here: Pyromaniacs: All that is in the world... I found it very practical.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good word. sometimes i hear people say they're under attack, and I wanna say, "no, these are the consequences of your actions ... or lack thereof."