Wednesday, March 07, 2007

this I'm diggin'

A couple of years ago I took my daughter and a couple of friends to a show that headlined Dashboard Confessional. I love Chris Carrabba's singer/songwriter style and since MxPx, who I've listened to for years, were playing, too, it was a no brainer for me to go.

Four bands played that night. The first band, Vendetta Red, I thought was hideous and gratuitously foul. But the next band, Brand New, redeemed, and I think, stole the show.

I forgot about them until a month or so ago when I was nosing through the junk in my daughter's car. I found their CD and uploaded it into my iPod and it's been getting the most of 1500+ songs that reside there. Take Carrabba's lyrical ability, mix in MxPx's pop/punk sound, shake and stir, and Brand New is what you'll pour out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just thought Chris Carrabba was cute. But seriously Brand New is good, I don't know which album you are talking about but there newst one is amazing.

Bryonm said...

Deja Entendu

I do think Carrabba is cute, but way out of my league...

Phillip Santillan said...

oh my...lol