Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Me and Crown Ministry

There's some brainwashing going on in our Crown Ministry home group. They got us doing all KINDS of crazy stuff. Memorizing scripture and then meditating on it.

MEDITATING! On this:
"Everything in the heavens and earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as being in control of everything. Riches and honor belong to You alone, and You are Ruler of all mankind; Your hand controls power and might, and it is at Your discretion that men are made great and given strength." (1 Chronicles 29:11-12 TLB)
I typed that whole thing from memory. Most of it, practically.

Anyway, I had to say that in front of a bunch of people without looking and without messing it up and they all expect me to be good at it because I'm a pastor to which I remind them "ASSISTANT pastor."

It's all part of the brainwashing. They also make us pray. In a circle. Holding hands. On our knees. It's like when the communists send you off to Siberia or the jungles of Cambodia for a Red "re-education". The only thing that keeps me from preferring to be sent to the killing fields is the dessert they serve afterwards.

So here's what I've learned about me:
  1. I like to hoard money.
  2. Money belongs to God.
  3. I like to hoard God's money.
  4. I'd rather give God's money to Banana Republic, Citicorp, American Express, GMAC Financing and that sushi restaurant down the street than to starving children, spreading the gospel and AIDS victims.
  5. I'm and indentured servant whose future is owned by the companies I owe. The next few years of my life belong to them.
  6. I something doesn't change, they'll own the last half of my life that God wants for Himself.

Here's a thought:
Luke 16:13: "No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."
Sounds like my brains could use a good washing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, well said, Mike. I could use a good brainwashing myself. I get so caught up in the "me" part of everything that I forget that it all belongs to our Lord and Savior in the first place.

Chris Goeppner said...

"I'd rather give God's money to Banana Republic, Citicorp, American Express, GMAC Financing and that sushi restaurant down the street than to starving children, spreading the gospel and AIDS victims."

that sentence is very metro yet emerging :)