Saturday, October 21, 2006

At a Stand Still

"Yuk," says my wife, "you smell like grease."

"Well, my bike is scattered all over the garage and I think some of it got on me."

Have you ever found yourself in the middle of a job - one you're not very qualified to do - and discovered you don't have all the tools you need? That's where I am now. I need to go beg, borrow, and buy tools to get the job done.

They never go smoothly, these projects I get into at my house. I should pay somebody, but I'm too cheap. And I like that sense of accomplishment I get when I don't pay an expert. That is, if I get the thing I'm fixin' back together and it works. Correctly.


So I'm off to Chip's house to borrow a bolt cutter to cut my old bike chain off. Then I need to pick up one of these tools so I can install the master link and new chain on my motorcycle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you, man. I'm pretty good at taking things apart, but not so good at putting them back together again.

Jeff T. said...

If you're not @ church tomorrow, I'll know something went horribly, horribly wrong...